The GO INTERNATIONAL IN USA PATH has been developed by Team USA of the EU project “S-ACCESS” coordinated by DITECFER.
The Path consists in a series of integrated steps that begin now and aim to bring the SMEs of the Railway sector to go international in USA through participation in public procurements, both directly and as sub-contractors (also Large companies are allowed to participate to some activities of the Path, if interested).
As indicated in the brochure, the Path consists in:
- (23 March at 15-17 CET) Training Session Live on Railway Market in USA=> registrations here
- (March-April) ‘e-learning’ part to complete the Training on USA autonomously, watching the recorded Video-Training delivered by our Consultant for USA: here you can learn aspects on USA necessary to be ready => access to video training here
- (3 May at 15-16.30 CEST) “Pitch your company”, event where the SMEs interested in USA present themselves through a pitch. This will make it possible to know each other, also in view of possible consortia => registrations here
- (May) “Meet the Buyers event”: Meet several USA Public Buyers in a dedicated online event, in which the participants will discover their planning projects, tender requirements, specific market needs and recent bids notices
- (May) Team USA will draft the Catalogue of the involved SMEs for presenting them to the USA Buyers and key players during the October Mission
- (1-13 October) Mission to USA, accompanied by DITECFER and Partners, composed of several steps (companies are free to participate in all or in some of them). The details of the agenda and expression of interest for participating can be found here: Mission to USA
- (from end October) follow-up activities to complete the preparation for participating in public procurements in USA.
The project “S-ACCESS – Smes ACCESS to international public procurements” is a European pilot-project co-funded under the COSME programme of the European Union. The project aims to develop innovative approaches for helping SMEs of the Rail supply industry go international participating in international public procurements.
DITECFER Coordinator is the Coordinator of the project.
The project partners are DITECFER (Italy) and the railway clusters i-Trans (France), Rail.S (Germany), MAFEX (Spain), Järnvägsklustret (Sweden), RCSEE (Serbia) and University of Birmingham-BCRRE Railway Innovation Cluster (United Kingdom).
The project answers the European political mission to help SMEs participate in public procurements in countries outside-EU, exploiting the opportunities disclosed by the free trade agreements and other trade agreements signed by the EU.
The project target-countries are USA, Canada and Norway.
On the one side, the project aims to give concrete answer to the typical obstacles block SMEs from exploiting the tenders potential, by developing specific innovative tools. On the other side, the project will develop an internationalisation strategy and an implementation roadmap to help SMEs benefit from the opportunities provided by the CETA agreement (EU-Canada), by the new CUSMA agreement (Canada-USA-Mexico) and by the Economic Agreement EU-Norway, thanks to which the latter implements the EU rules on public procurements, as well as its technical specifications.
The project started on 1st July 2021 and will last 36 months.
More details on the project can be found here.
The project website here.